Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Space

Taken on my tour today
Way back in April, I applied to attend an educator workshop at NASA to learn about how to teach kids about the Moon.  Well, the workshop was already booked by the time I emailed, so I didn't get in.  Three weeks ago, I got an email saying I got in!  And it started this week.  Awesome experience for a space nut like me.

I've learned really neat things about the Moon and the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO), and some other neat things that could be adapted for my job.  But the coolest stuff is definitely about the Moon and how it was formed.  Lots of impact and volcanic activity.  Lots of cool photos and data coming back from the LRO.

On a sad note, no American humans will be going to the Moon until the 2030s.

0 comments:

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools